In organising your visit to Toohey Forest Environmental Education Centre, teachers are advised to follow the steps and guidelines below.
- Consult the Programs page or request a TFEEC staff member to assist in your selecting a suitable program for your students.
- Complete and submit the Online Booking Form.
- Once your booking has been confirmed via a “Booking Confirmation”, a TFEEC teaching staff member will coordinate your program itinerary and student field booklet. You will need to photocopy enough field booklets to allow one copy per student. Toohey Forest EEC recommends a maximum group size of 56 students.
- Ensure your students parents / guardians have completed a relevant permission form prior to your excursion.
- In the event of injury / illness, you will need to ensure student medical details are accessible on the day.
- Do you require a copy of the relevant risk assessment/s? If so, contact the centre in order to obtain the necessary documentation.
- Students will need to have covered footwear and wear sunsafe clothing. Students are encouraged to bring their own sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Inclement weather may force TFEEC to postpone the program. In the event of this occuring, an alternative date will be negotiated in conjunction with the organising teacher/s. Notice of postponement will be provided at the earliest possible time. An after hours contact number, provided in the ‘Booking Form’, is essential for this to occur.
- At the conclusion of each visit, we invite teachers to complete a brief online survey. The resulting feedback assists centre staff to implement an ongoing improvement agenda for the benefit of both students and teachers.